Thursday, June 12, 2008

Things I've recently: Vol. 2

* Made 300 mini-crepes for The Fresno Art Museum's Men Who Cook fundraiser. In truth, I only essembled the crepes, and not all of them at that, and we only got to 250 or so before we had to rush off to the event. So, to summarize: Shannon made the crepes and I had help with the essemblage (smearing on Nutella, putting in a couple beeries and fold, fold, folding) from Brianna and Tory, who were lifesavers, quite literally. If they hadn't been there Shannon and I would have killed each other. Or her me. Or vice-versa. There would have been a news story and everything. As it was, we were a resounding success. You can read all about it if you'd like. There's even a picture.

* Got the band back together. Yes, after a year off or so out of the limelight, It'll Grow Back played a show Tuesday night at the Starline. (I'd include a link, but I figger you can find it). I'd say it was success, though I never really know with these things. I can't see crap witout my glasses and I have to take my glasses off so as to properly "rock out," so I can't see if people are enjoying themselves. They were screaming quite a bit. But it was late and mostly people were drunk. But we got some kind words after the show. I had fun and that's all that matters.

* Left my credit card at the Starline and felt like an idiot. To set the scene: Arrive at the bar/club at nine or so. Get a drink. Hand bartender my credit card. She says, 'Want to keep this open?' My thought: Don't do it. It's early in the night and you're totally not going to remember to pick this thing up in three hours. No. No. No. So, I said yes. Didn't get a second drink. Didn't realize I'd left it until I was in the shower the next morning. Had to go down to the Starline twice to pick the thing up. The first time the manager wasn't there. To their credit, they were very nice and helpful with the whole thing. They probably see it often.

* Drank a black and tan at the Public House. For anyone who hasn't been there, it's totally not as lame as it could be. Actually, it's pretty cozy and the patio is nice and they have ALL SORTS of good alocholic beverages for those who like that sort of thing. Beers and Whiskeys and whatnot. I hear the food is good, but can't vouch for it. Yes, the place is made of plastered fake rocks. No, it's probably nothing like an "actual" publik house. But it has Murphys and Fullers on tap, so...

No comments: