Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Like/no like/want Vol. 1.

Sorry no links. I am lazy like that.

Like:

* Old 97s 'Blame it on Gravity.' Best band ever? Maybe.
* The Olympic trials. Watched two nights worth of women's gynmasts. If this is what the real deal will be like sign me up. Also: Chris reminded me they also have Aikido/Judo/Kendo/wrestling in the Olympics. I may have to stay up until 3 a.m. to watch, but ... Hold all calls through August.
* Somewhat related: Baseball's College World Series. Caught game one last night on KMJ and I'm kinda hooked. Interested at least. This is new for me.
* Public House. Been there twice. Would go again. Plusses for feeling I'm not settling for crappy beer. I can drink what I would want to drink at home. Like porter. Tasty, tasty black and sweet porter.
* My tabi shoes. It's like being barefoot, only with shoes. With them, I can climb walls. I've been assured of this. Plus, I look like a ninja. An American ninja, perhaps.

No like:

* Gas. Or, more acuratley gas prices. The math is this: Gas=$5 a gallon. My car=20 mpg. Riverpark=20 miles away (round trip). Trip to riverpark=$5. FUCK that. I'll stick to downtown or ride my bike.
* My truck. The one whose transmission just went to shit and cost me $1,400 to repair.
* The heat. It's mostly gone just now, but it will be back. There's no doubt about that. It. Will. Be. Back.

Need:
* A stick bag. For aikido. Because I'd like to ride my bike to and from class, but I haven't figured out how to carry my sticks yet. A stick bag would be the logical solution.
* A new car. Something cheap(ish) and good (good, good) on gas. I will heed my uncle's advice on this one: "Anything more than a Geo Metro is luxury."

No comments: