Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Spoiler alert: I am gross

There is something about the smell of stale urine you can only get in a men's restroom. OK, I haven't been in too many women's bathrooms (public), but I'm assuming it's a male thing, that terrible fuckin' smell. So, in the restroom just now, looking over at the urinal next to mine (it was empty, you perverts) there was, what appeared to be, dried (or drying) piss. Like, on the top of the urinal. Like, whoever used it last decided to forgo the bowl entirely and just pee where he may. Now, it could have been something else, I suppose. Something that leaves a nice straw yellow residue. But coupled with the smell, I can't really figure what that might be.

***

Speaking of work-related stank: My job just laid off a bunch o' people yesterday. Just like that. Friday, job. Monday, no job. I'm not making any judgment calls, because this is a company and things are bad for the entire industry and you've got to do what you've got to do. But it just sucks, you know. I'm still here and I feel lucky. So... Onward and upward.

***

Noticed I've been looking a lot at people's teeth lately. Well, I'm not sue what would constitute a lot, but I've caught myself doing in more than once. Like totally examining someone's teeth, taking mental notes on color, size, relative straightness and whatnot. I fgure it's because I haven't been to the dentist in awhile and my teeth are not as bright white as they could be. More of a muted yellow (not quite piss-yellow) from all the coffee (and cigar smoke maybe?). Also, they're moving, and I'm totally afraid I'm going to have to get braces again. Not that I would. But when I look at other's people teeth, I find myself wondering how important they are to the overall appearance of that person.
So, if you find me staring at your mouth, now you know.

No comments: