Monday, June 30, 2008

The demon sun

The thing about sunscreen is: It doesn't always work. As proven by the giant swaths of burnt skin on my body after several hours of a Saturday in the sun. Now, it may be that I'm not smart enough to apply said sunscreen properly (that's proably the best guess). Or, that after a couple of turns swimming in the lake, the sunscreen washed off and I didn't think to reapply. Whatever the reason, I now have a giant red blotch (that totally describes it best) on the left side of my stomach, the outside of both shoulders and the middle of both thighs. It don't hurt exactly (although now it is starting to itch) but I feel like my body temperature is a good 10 degrees more than usual. Which is fine, until I get a breeze coming toward me and then suddenly I've got goosebumps everywhere. This is all so confusing for someone who doesn't get much sun and who hasn't had a sunburn since he was 14.

2 comments:

biz said...

you didn't hear me but just now i laughed out loud

Rebek said...

that durn spray on sunscreen...