Monday, December 8, 2008

For the first time in my life

So, there is this video of a performance I did on Friday night as part of the Beehive's Four Year Anniversary. It went terribly awry. I haven't watched the video, so I'm not sure how it looks from an outside perspective, but it felt pretty f'in crappy. I don't play electic guitar as a rule, so when the guitar wasn't making any noise, I should have taken it for a sign. When the it finally kicked on and was terribly out of tune, I should have run for the hills. But, like a true performer, I trudged through it, only to be heckled by rabid Patrick Contreras fans. Ouch! Not that I blame them. And in truth, there is something to be learned from an event like this. It's called humility. It's good to get knocked down a peg or two every now and again, to realize you are not as funny or talented, or prepared, as you thought you were. What's the old saying ... what doesn't kill you? I'm stronger now. So, there.

No comments: