Monday, July 7, 2008

Like water in the ear.

It's not affecting my hearing or anything like that. No loss of brain fuction or balance. But I can feel it. My ear needs to pop. Just the one. Annoying as all hell. But no pain. No infection. That comes later, I guess, once the water has time to rot a bit. Or mold up. Or whatever happens down there. I'm hoping my body is good at fighting off such infections, because I'm young-ish and healthy, and this will all just go away. I'll wake up one morning and won't even think about it anymore. Poof. The magic of the human body.

I tried one of those ear candles, supposed to suck all the grossness out of the ear using flame and heat and ... suction. Somehow. There was a giant flame, which I couldn't see because I was on the floor on my side with the thing in my ear. There was heat, but not enough that I ever felt in danger. There was some noise, probably the sound of the air and the flame and whatnot. It felt like maybe it helped. Maybe. It was a cool experiment, at the very least.

No comments: